On this blog, I find myself thinking, how good, really, do I think this story is? How can I judge them in a fair light? In order to do so, I’ll use this consistent system!
- 1. Story: The narrative of the story, this category will concern itself with the construction of the story, its complexity, as well as how well the story in question conveys its story elements.
- 2. Characters: Obviously, dealing with the characters of a series, I will judge here, based not on whether I like them or not, rather, it will be based on how well they are designed, as well as how much these characters can contribute to the story.
- 3. Art/Style: The most vague section, this third division will deal with technical, artistic, and atmospheric capabilities of the series. Is it animated well? Is the music good? What sort of tone is it going for? These questions will all be addressed here.
- 4. Theme/Consistency: Here, I will talk about the consistency of the story; did it do what it set out to do? Is there a message that the creator(s) wanted to show? Did the story have its own sense of identity, or is it just another story to be lost amidst the crowd?
- 5. Personal Enjoyment: The simplest section, this will primarily act as a summary of the rest, although, it is also a way of putting my own personal bias towards a review. Simply put, what do I think of the show? Was it worth my time?
Of course, for different types of media, I might add another category, or meld them together. Perhaps for a video game, I would meld story and characters, and add a section for gameplay. I think judging like that would make sense!
In any case, that’s how reviews on this blog will work. And that said…check out some reviews?